Now in its 12th year, the NewSong Contest offers what no other songwriting or performance opportunity provides: more substantive and sustained career-boosting opportunities. This year’s grand prize winner – selected from among twelve finalists who will perform in a live performance competition at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City on Saturday, October 19 – will receive:
- An EP Recorded and Mixed by Producer, Musician and Songwriter Charlie Sexton at Asheville, NC’s
Echo Mountain Recording Studios
- An appearance on National Public Radio’s highly acclaimed Mountain Stage show
- A performance showcase at the 2014 Sundance ASCAP Music Café in Park City, UT
- His/Her own featured performance at Lincoln Center’s David Rubenstein Atrium in New York City
- A Sonus Musician’s Chair, custom fitted to the winner’s specs by Brian Boggs Chairmakers
- New gear from Moog Music
Additionally, ALL entrants will receive the following discounts, simply for entering:
• Oasis CD Manufacturing is offering a 5% discount off of any order
• Brian Boggs Chairmakers, makers of the Sonus Musician’s Chair, is offering a 15% discount
• Echo Mountain Studios is offering a 15% discount on studio time on their day rates
Finalists and other contest standouts will also be invited to participate in future NewSong Music productions in various locations throughout the country, and will be candidates for film and television placement opportunities, as well as for future releases on the NewSong Recordings label. Non-winning finalists will also be considered for future Mountain Stage appearances.
Contestants can designate the style of song they consider their entry to fit when entering tunes. The contest is open to all genres of music, although songs must include a vocal with lyrics to be considered to advance.
Please stay up-to-date with all things NewSong by subscribing to the NewSong newsletter on the website (where you can also read up on contest rules). E-mail any further questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.