You MUST read this before submitting to the 13th annual 2014 NewSong Contest.
2) SUBMISSION POLICY
THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO ENTER THE NEWSONG CONTEST:
ONLINE – submit quickly and easily through our safe, secure submission platform.
1. If you’re submitting multiple song entries on a single CD, you must fill out a separate mail-in form for each song. On the form, please specify which track number the song is on the CD.
2. The entry fee is $35 per song. There is no limit to the number of songs you can submit.
3. Payment must be made by check, certified check or money order. Make checks payable to ‘NewSong Contest.’
4. All submissions must be postmarked by the date of the appropriate deadline listed on the main contest page.
5. All mail-in submissions MUST include the mail-in form that’s completed and signed. Click here to download and print.
6. Mail submissions via US Postal Service, UPS or FedEx to:
175 Patton Avenue
Asheville, NC 28801
7. Email questions to email@example.com
8. Thanks and good luck!
3) NOTIFICATIONS & WAIVERS
- Winners of the regional and general rounds will be notified by email and each winner must provide the following items to be eligible to compete in the international contest finals:
(i) an affidavit confirming
(a) that the winner meets the contest eligibility requirements,
(b) that his or her composition is original and unpublished, and (c) that he or she owns the copyright in the composition;
(ii) a performance license and mechanical and synchronization licenses for audio and video recording rights; and
(iii) a publicity release (collectively, the “Affidavit”), all within 14 days of the notification date. The failure to sign and return the Affidavit within Fourteen (14) Days or the submission of false or inaccurate information will result in immediate disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected for the applicable regional or general round. Affidavits for winners under 18 years of age at the time of submission must be countersigned by a parent or legal guardian. All Affidavits are subject to verification by NewSong and its agents. Each contestant’s submission constitutes his or her permission to use his or her name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional consideration.
- NewSong retains the exclusive right to use in perpetuity any media inclusive of ancillary rights created in conjunction with the NewSong Contest including but not limited to; live recordings, video, webisodes, and photographs. Participants grant NewSong the use of this archival material in perpetuity.
4) SEMI-FINALIST SELECTION
A total of twelve (12) semi-finalists will be selected to perform in the international contest’s Award Round, held this Fall at date and location tbd..
- One from each of this year’s six (6) regional rounds (see table below for info and eligibility); the winner of each regional round automatically advances as a semi-finalist in the Award Round.
- Five (5) from the general round, which is open to anyone from any geographic location. Two of the six general round spots are reserved for “Early Bird” winners, selected from entries submitted before midnight on June 2, 2014.
- One selected from the general public (not judges) through our People’s Choice voting platform. The People’s Choice award will be open to finalists selected in each of the NewSong Contest’s six regional rounds.
This contest is void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws, regulations, rules, and ordinances apply.
6) EXPLANATION OF RIGHTS
7) THE AWARD ROUND
8) THE GRAND PRIZE
Please re-read the rules again and if you remain befuddled on a point, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck! Be sure to subscribe to the NewSong News e-mail newsletter for contest updates.