July 13, 2012. New York, NY. NewSong is proud to announce its new partnership with American Songwriter. In an effort to further accomplish NewSong Music’s goal of providing exceptional emerging talent with career propelling opportunities, the winner of this year’s Mountain Stage NewSong Contest will be interviewed by American Songwriter and receive a published review of the contest’s grand prize album in the magazine.
“We’re very excited about our new partnership with the Mountain Stage NewSong Contest. This is a once in a lifetime chance to launch an artist’s career. American Songwriter has always supported the “Craft of Music,” and we’re eager to bring this unique opportunity to our audience.” – Jamie Younger, Marketing Director, American Songwriter Magazine
Now in its 27th year American Songwriter has a readership of approximately 90-95,000 per issue and 150-200,000 unique visitors to AmericanSongwriter.com each month. Its mission is to provide unparalleled inspiration to the masses of passionate music fans and songwriters alike. Through insightful, everyday language, building the best media brand in the world covering the creation process and the stories behind the artists whose livelihood is “The Craft of Music.””
The American Songwriter App for the iPad official launched May 25th, 2011 and can be downloaded for free here. Features of the App for iPad include:
- Embedded music videos;
- Streaming music tracks from featured artists;
- Exclusive artist photo galleries;
- The ability to purchase songs directly from iTunes;
- “The Muse,” featuring a highly curated list of 30 staff-picked songwriters to check out.
As part of the NewSong-American Songwriter partnership, American Songspace is also hosting submissions to the Mountain Stage NewSong Contest on its American Songspace site.
“We’re very excited about this new partnership,” says NewSong Director Gar Ragland, “as it brings a lot of promotional value to this year’s grand prize winner and the fully-funded album that he/she will get to record with producer Iestyn Polson (David Gray, Patti Smith, David Bowie) at Echo Mountain Recording. It’s the perfect complement to our other grand prize offerings by helping build the profile of them all.”
Other prizes include:
- A 2013 performance at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
- A live performance on National Public Radio’s highly acclaimed Mountain Stage show. Known for debuting artists such as Ryan Adams, Sheryl Crow, Norah Jones, Alison Krauss and more.
- An appearance at the 2013 Sundance/ASCAP Music Café.
- A fully-funded album release pr/publicity campaign from the Press House, sponsored by PledgeMusic.